Things are finally starting to move forward at the homestead and we are hoping to move home in a little over a week, the weekend of the 19th. I cannot wait!! Having my own house, or even better, a much improved house, back will be great. Mom and dad have been wonderful and the living conditions are great, having our own entire floor, bedrooms and bathroom, but nothing compares to your own home - and a garage now that winter is approaching. Everything that has been ordered and in chaos and on backorder is finally starting to arrive. The pendants are in! We have not seen them yet but they have arrived. The front door came, and apparently we should never order products with glass again, because the glass was broken on it. It has been reordered and hopefully will arrive next week. Cabinets are supposed to be complete Monday and installed later next week. I am so excited, however very nervous to see them as well. We spent so much time designing, and even more money building them, I hope they are all we have dreamed they will be. The granite is scheduled for the week of the 28th and our backordered backsplash tile should arrive that same week. We finally got a good deal on a replacement cooktop and it should arrive on the 22nd. Hopefully no more problems or delays with any of these items. I am ready for this project to wrap up. My hopes of having everything complete before I turned 31 is seeming less and less likely. At least I will celebrate at my own home though...
Lately it seems like every spare moment is spent painting. There was so much to do. It is getting less and less overwhelming as the rooms start to be completed. After painting until midnight on Saturday and 9 hours straight on Sunday, and whenever possible since, only the kitchen and brick room are left to be painted. Thank goodness. Thanks also to my dad who is a freakishly fast painter. Without Matt and I getting in his way, he probably would have had the entire house painted twice by now!! I will be happy never to see a paint brush again for a long time however once we finally finish! The color choices have been made and I am pretty happy. I spent literally almost 6 hours on a feature striped wall in the hallway from the kitchen to the living room. I am happy with the way it turned out. People are going to either love it or hate it which I am fine with. I think it is a nice addition to our once all tan painted home! Pictures will come as things start to finish up.
Once the painting is done - the house needs entirely bleached!! It is so dirty and has not been lived in but was inhabited by smoking (not in the house of course) contractors so it has an odd smell. Everything has inches of dust and the my upstairs bathroom has been destroyed by being used by contractors and ourselves for cleaning dirty paint stuff. Hopefully this weekend the painting will be finished and everything will be cleaned up. Progress is being made which is encouraging. Again, I am just so ready to go home.
So impressed with your accent wall and how far you guys have come!! It will be done before you know it now. So many years of waiting and saving and it will be your dream kitchen!!! So excited for you guys!!! Xoxoxo
ReplyDelete