Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Was supposed to be a big week.....

Over the weekend, we finished the painting!!! YEAH!!!  Now comes the touch ups and cleanups which I also dread.  Sort of anything at the house I dread right now.  Just seems like such a never ending ordeal - I wish I could just twitch my nose and everything would be clean and perfect and moved back in and decorated.....  too bad I do not possess such a wonderful power.  Last night was a lot of fun.  Matt and I spent two hours on our hands and knees scrubbing the hardwood floors getting them ready for cabinet installation.  They do look beautiful which is exciting - however the bruises all over my legs are not quite as attractive.  Good thing it is pant season! ;)

Last week I was very excited to start this week.  We originally had scheduled all construction outstanding to be complete - finish the floors, install the toilet and sink in the bathroom, fix some minor blemishes, install the new front door, etc.  We were told originally cabinets would be installed Wednesday - Friday so we rescheduled that stuff for next week so they would not be in each others way.  Friday afternoon Matt and I headed out to Miller Cabinets for a walk through to see how our cabinets were built and a sneak peak at the cabinets.  After the tour we arrived at a pile of wood.....  Some empty boxes, a pile of door and drawer fronts all unpainted.  Matt seemed excited while I found myself bewildered.  Apparently it showed on my face as Matt asked several times what was wrong.  Um other than the fact I was told our installation would occur in 2 business days and there are dozens of unpainted, unfinished, not put together pieces of wood be described to me as my "cabinets", I don't know what is wrong?!?!?  We were assured they were next in line for the paint booth and were on time.  Come Monday, no word from the scheduler.  Tuesday after several calls with no answer, we were called back and told they were primed.....  not what I wanted to hear.  Wednesday still no call from a scheduler so we call again.  Still nothing scheduled though assured they will be installed but perhaps not starting until Friday now.  Awesome!  The granite people threatened to push back our date once again due to the fact our cabinets are not installed.  They are coming Monday to template the granite.  We lied and said they were installing tomorrow otherwise the granite install date will be pushed until December which is unacceptable!!!  We have been assured the base cabinets will be available to be templated by Monday and they better be.  I am just so sick of waiting and on a week that I was expecting so much progress, I have only found disappointment.  Sort of heartbroken by it all.  Hopefully next week will be better......

1 comment:

  1. The paint and floors look great! Hopefully the cabinents will be done as promised so you guys can get back in the house soon. Stay positive, it will all work out.

    ReplyDelete